Monday, June 17, 2013

Strange connection?

What's this feeling?  Oh yeah, it's that feeling we get when we feel accomplished.  What makes you feel accomplished?  What makes you raise your arms in the air, feeling victorious?  It changes right?  Maybe it's getting a first date after a couple years of being single.  After a few first dates, maybe it's getting a second date.  Maybe, for you, the victory dance comes after a first kiss.  Maybe it takes a lot more for you to feel like you've done something right.

Crap - I didn't mean for this to be about dating.  What I wanted to say was - find that thing that makes you raise your arms in the air and make that what you do.  That doesn't necessarily mean do it for a living.  Hell, if I can kiss ladies for a living - sign me up!  (lo, I am no Magic Mike.  ~ Closer to Michael Moore) (I digress ~ a lot)  Part of my point is - doing data analysis and writing the chaotic randomness that pours out of my brain doesn't exactly make me jump for joy.  (Though I do get small victories from some of the more difficult problems I solve.)  You know what makes me really march around and feel joyously victorious?  Helping other people feel good.  (And kissing ladies, but let's not get into that ~ not really sure I remember what it's like.)

I try to help others feel good all the time, though I'm not sure how good I am at it.  That feeling - that knowledge that I may have been the cause for someone else's happiness - it's more satisfying than getting laid.  (Getting laid is super satisfying when I can help her feel happy at the same time :) (~not really sure I remember what that's like either.)

Okay I can tell where my mind is going and I'm not going to do that here.  This was going to be about life success and feeling good about yourself - obviously sex and feeling good are closely tied together in my brain ~ weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment