Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quick conversations with such interesting content

Me - "I like your cardigan."

- My memory kicks in - The first time we spoke a song was playing that I hadn't heard in a long time.  You told me that you attract repeat customers with your awesome taste in music.  Also - you told me the name of the band was "The Cardigans" - Lovefool

Her (great big smile) - "Thanks! I like old woman clothes."

"Well - it suites you - though you're definitely not an old woman."

Her - (making coffee for the guy in front of me ~pumpkin latte with whipped cream - smiles again) - "Thank you!"

 - My brain again - Cardigans... Wool, cashmere, hers is cotton, second hand or handed down, machine knitted or very well done by hand - White with blue and other colors in vertical patterns on the front sides.  I like big, wool, cardigans...cozy...  Makes me feel like I look smart...  Walter...

Me - "Do you ever watch Fringe?"

Her (accessing memories and intrigued that this conversation is still going) - "No I never have.  Someone told me it was pretty interesting though."

"You should - just so you can see Walter in his big woolly cardigan."

~Giggles

Me still - "You know I've tried to find a cardigan like that, but you know I'm a big guy and have to buy big clothes so those cost like two hundred bucks."

~Funny looks when I say 'big guy'~"Do you ever try like thrift stores?"

Me (big grin) - "Yeah I love Unique - This jacket cost me like six bucks."

~~Other people from my workplace nearby seem werided out that I'm wearing a suit coat from a thrift store, pumpkin latte guy leaves~~

(Skipping parts of the conversation I can't remember clearly; basically I can't find a cardigan at Unique)

Her (big grin ~ keeping track of question she wanted to ask from before ~ nice) - "I basically live at Unique; that place is great.  It's funny to get a TV show recommendation based on what the character is wearing.  Hey - isn't Angel in that show?  um - David Boreanaz?"

Brain - accessing - no...unless that started since I stopped watching TV...  She must mean Peter...Similar facial bone structure if you only look for a second.

Me (bad...Thinking and talking at the same time) "No...That Peter guy from Dawson's Creek is in it though." heh...

"Oh - you mean - um - Josh Jackson!"

~~nice save!  Respect!

"Yep - that's him!"  (I don't think my grin ever went away, but it just turned into a full on smile)

Her - (Funny, not shame, but 'don't tell anyone' tone...)  "I used to love that show. I watched it all the time.  Did you know that him and Katie Holmes..."

~~~drifted~~~
Brain - and me to brain - sometimes you need to shut the fuck up man...  Yeah I can remember what she was saying, but dude she was talking! - brain - Why do I know so much about "Dawson's Creek?"  Oh yeah!  I used to watch that shit before school in the morning!  Wait - I liked that show.  Damn - that's shameful...

"...had a thing?"

"Wait - what?"

"Yeah Katie admitted that he was like her first love and all that. I have a weakness for news stand gossip."

~~I giggle~~ my "INNNteresting" face...

"Yeah shamefully I used to watch that show every morning before school."

Her - ("INNNteresting" face :) "That was on in the mornings?"

Me - "Yeah like when I was in college - too long ago for me to admit how old I am."

~another good giggle

Her - "oh man - now I'm trying to remember what shows I watched before school...  "Saved by the Bell."

Co-Worker - "Which one?  The college years?"

Her - "All of them!  Middle school, high school, the college years."

brain - holy shit I watched that too! - me/brain - can't remember if I said that out loud

Co-worker ~~ fades out of conversation ~~ sorry :| (Something about me only recently starting to come to that coffee shop and me going from quitting coffee to 4 shots of espresso, headaches, the girl I've been talking to recommends Tea. :)

Me - "Well - with my second stint at college I watched "Charmed" and "ER" every morning before class."

Her - ("Holy shit flooded with memories and shit to say" face) "Wow Charmed I love that show - and ER - wow... I love George Clooney, what a babe!"

Me - "heh - yeah I like Noah Wyle, he's pretty cool"

Her - (working - realizing the same thing I am)  "Okay wow this conversation went - wow.  Okay..."

Me - "Yeah we could probably go on forever.  I'm Jason..." (out-reached hand for hand shake)

GODDAMNIT!! MOTHERFUCKER!!!  PIECEOFSHIT!!!  IHATEYOUSOMUCHYOUASSHOLEFUCKINGBRAIN!  ???Ashley???
me to brain - why do you remember that the guy in front of us ordered a small vanilla latte, a water, a large pumpkin latte with whipped cream and asked about a banana - to which the reply was "not any good ones..." AND YOU CAN'T CLEARLY REMEMBER THE HOT GIRL'S NAME! ass hole...

Her - "My name is Ashley - did you say David?"

Me (~double take~ Laughing, because of my theory that people don't remember me...) "Jason."

(reciprocating handshake) - "I don't know why I heard David. Well it's nice to meet you Jason."  (I do - you think I'm hot like Angel!  HA!  No really - she's got David Boreanaz on the brain...  I was wearing one of my black shirts, no tie, with the top button open ~ I can see the resemb...who am I kidding...)

Me (big ass smile) - "You too."

All that while I watched her make a pumpkin latte and my soy latte...  Damn good too!  What is it with me and baristas?

1 comment: