Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Flooble - Flooble?

So, this Encounters thing has been quite a trip so far.  I've tried to apply some of the feedback I've gotten from the good folks who have been good enough to offer it up - or whom I have bugged the shit out of (sorry).  I'm sure my friends and acquaintances who read it have noticed that I borrow from my personal life quite a bit in order to develop the characters.  It's actually an interesting process that I wanted to talk about a little bit and I will, but I wanted to clear some stuff up before I get in trouble with anyone or before anyone takes anything the wrong way.

First - Marie isn't anyone I know in real life. PERIOD.  If you notice similarity to someone you know - sorry... If you put some kind of connection to someone I know to Marie ~ well ~ Marie's personality is based on like 4 people I know (we'll get there later)

The same goes for Matt...

Not Allie - she came from a dream.

Which brings us to Alex - that's a hard one - because Alex is my inner monologue. He's the result of this blog and all the stuff that I've been trying to do with myself  for the past year and a half or so.  I know anyone reading him still sees him as an introverted locked up little puppy dog, but hey - we're just getting started...

Now - I did notice that I included a cameo of someone from my real life in the story that hasn't gotten any description or notice yet.  There are probably like 2 people who know who I'm talking about and by the time that character comes back around - well - let's just say her and the person who sparked the idea are not the same person they just happen to have the same job. (Also possible that Alex had a crush on Heather as well - sigh) yay vagueness!

Some quick notes on character development and then I have to go!  I have, because of the way my brain works, running personality profiles of pretty much every person I have ever known running around in my head.  Rather than basing the characters in my story on a particular person - I took aspects of several people from my present and past who were inspirational to me in some way and developed them into a singular person.  I have Marie's personality profile written up on a piece of paper - right down to some of her psychological issues (not the roots of those issues of course).  I plan to publish the profiles of all the main characters somewhere once I have developed them enough that I feel comfortable doing so.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment