Sunday, December 30, 2012

If Tarzan were a brain

Damn it - why is it that when I start thinking about life, my life, and the future - that crap like this is what pops into my head. - - What's the origin of male / female social roles? - - ((Jason's brain ~ Here's your sign; dumb ass.))  The things that make me go hmm the most are the things that make me think about people and their interactions with each other.  ((Brain~and your curse that you can't think about people's interactions with you -- or your interactions with other people))

Recently I had a good giggle in my head because my new acquaintance at the coffee shop triggered some images of me in a primal state. (Brain Beavisafied~heh, heh, primal)  I mean - hell - I am a man... Men like to show off. (Brain~Look at this mother fuckin' ass saber toothed tiger I just killed with nothing but a stick - *flex*) - the things I have to show off - well - every once in a while I produce words out of my mouth that make enough sense to be considered intelligent, I can spin a tale that a percentage of the time a percentage of people might consider humorous, and on occasion if the mood is right and inspiration hits me some small measure of artistic talent emerges (Brain~in the form of poor perspective pencil drawings and ridiculous comics that really only have meaning to you.)  So - yeah - in the immediate sense I don't know why I felt like showing off my bad art. (Brain~*flex* look how big my right hemisphere is - yeah that's right - it's just as big as the left, and I have an over abundance of neurotransmitters.  Let's say we increase our dopamine and tryptophan levels together.)  I suppose it's pretty simple - I did something I thought was cool.

I think the words were, "I feel like showing off." and "I would enjoy it if you showed of to me."  An absolutely brilliant slide show went trough my head of me in these situations:

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/264/cache/silverback-western-lowland-gorilla_26403_600x450.jpg

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/98/74/50/9874501_ori.jpg

http://andygeddon.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-princess-bride-2.jpg

Wait - Wait - no; that's one's all wrong!

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2011/04/xenon100-dark-matter-experiment.jpg
There - that's better.

Quite a range there - huh?  I think this is very telling of me and inductively of other men - that we all contain all of these states of nature. (Brain~well...) {What dude?} (I'm just sayin' you've met some people that didn't quite make it past the second image up there.){Whatever man - shit I need to quit talking to myself.}(Crazy ass.)  What I'm trying to say is that on some level we all have the potential for base, primal actions. And while - due to whatever factors you want to plug here - we may not all be capable of being brilliant (insert dream job here), most of us have the capacity for some measure of artistic, mechanical, physical, or mental ability.

These images imply a whole lot more when you think about them.  The ape implies domination and the want to get and keep territory and property.  The movie version of Tarzan - is like a step up the evolutionary chain.  But rather than dominating his territory he tries to be a steward of it.  Still - beating chests, war cries, showing off balls, swinging through trees, taking hot women into the tree house...  Wesley again is just another step - swinging swords apparently make women at least a little hot - this is a very popular movie.  Conquest - the need to fix, to come to aid.  Also - he was a lover looking for his dear sweet Buttercup.  Scientists like sex too - there are whole branches of science devoted to it, so...  I guess for me this image is a reflection of my need to create - however you want to take that.  So I giggled - because apparently in my nature what it means to show off is to get territory, take really good care of it, scream at intruders, find a hot babe I care about - rescue her - and take her back to my place, where I can create things for her.  
(((Thoughtful pause)))
(-.-) (-.-) (-.-) (-.-) (o.o) (O.O) (o_o)

Sounds about right...

((Brain~Let me interject for just a minute here - may I have the floor?)) Thank you:

It seems obvious to me that showing off is a natural part of social interaction.  We all want to be accepted by our peers and appreciated for (or as) something special - or in some way different than other people.  Even if in the grand scheme of things there are several million bloggers who draw bad art and tell long ass stories with no point - if you come to recognize someone as a peer in some way your instinct is going to be to show them these things.  Kind of like your dog bringing you that chewed up ass ball - it would be a dead rodent if he had access.  Just watch five minutes - fuck that - watch a commercial for Jersey Shore - showing off is their ENTIRE social interaction.  The point being that we have whole subcultures created around showing off - like sports - and these things are so popular and ingrained in our society that a great deal of our cultural and societal resources go into them. What - do you feel like you're above all of that? {dude - not above it - I've just never really thought about myself in that context}  Well - monkey man - you're only a couple hundred generations since one of your ancestors had to resort to head clubbing to get laid {heh - Monty Python} - so feel lucky that your instinct is to create things and tell stories.  Actually - now that you think of it - you're ancestors were probably some of the people that made ceremonial fuck axes pretty well. I'm a brain I'm allowed to be crass.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is, without question, the most well thought out, time consuming (I'm sure), example of "delusions of grandeur" that I have ever seen. Ya know what actual intellegence is? It's the ability to tell, at a glance and with 98% accuracy, that shit in a Snickers wrapper is not actually a Snickers bar. History has very accurately defined two types of men: Strong men who acknowledge their weakness' foremost because they realize that the only path to overcome weakness is through challenge. Then there are weak men. Weak men bluster of countless strengths in an attempt to ensure that they are never offered a challenge of which they know they will fail (this type of man is more commonly known as "The DOUCHE". You, my small minded, oxygen theiving friend are clearly a douche!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we are generalizing I feel like the two types of people in this situation are people who are decent and honest with themselves and the people around them - and those people who try and hide behind avatars in order to make stabs at people at whom they hold ill will. Let me be perfectly clear - I'm no Jody - in my life I have only ever worked toward benefit of other people - and I will never hide like a bitch behind another person. Say what you will - it wouldn't take any kind of genius to figure out who YOU are - you hide about as well as a piece of shit in a snickers wrapper. Ya know what actual intelligence is? - treating your wife with some semblance of respect - that's a good start.

      Delete