Monday, December 31, 2012

Nom Nom - Tacos!

This - ladies and gentlemen is beauty for your tongue.

I know I seem cocky about some things - but I look at it this way - I know what I know - and I know what I'm good at.  Sure, I've made some flop food before, but more often than not the stuff that I make is - "nom nom" - and every once in a while - like today - I make borderline orgasm food...

It started out as me wanting to make tacos. Simple enough - I make kick ass tacos.  I heat two soft corn tortillas with a slice of cheese between.  Then I put some cooked chopped steak, homemade pico de gallo, and lettuce - done - simple - yummy.  But today I had an itch to scratch - I wanted to cook.



I grabbed some angus sirloin and cut it up into about 1 inch cubes.  I browned those in a hot pan. Then I added a beer.   I've got a cream stout in the fridge right now, though any beer would do.  And a can of pineapple.  A few big pinches of salt, some chili powder, cumin, a couple bunches of fresh oregano and a couple cloves of crushed garlic.  Bring all that to a boil - then cover and reduce the heat and let that simmer for a couple hours until the meat breaks down.  Then remove the lid and increase the heat and let the liquid reduce until you're happy.

Pico!  2 tomatoes diced - half an onion diced - 1 Medium Jalapeno cored and diced - cilantro chopped (I like a lot) - juice of 1/2 to 1 lime - salt  Carefully mix all that together, cover and refrigerate - don't skip chilling!  It helps marry the flavors!

I like these organic yellow corn tortillas you can find at whole foods...but whatever...  Take two of those and put some yummy cheese in between (sliced mozzarella is good, colby-jack is better) put that on a hot skillet until it's hot then flip it, take it out when it's done.  Throw some bomb-ass meat, pico, and lettuce on the tortilla and eat it.  Black beans are a good healthy side.


You know that's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment